
Hey guys!!
Since I am new into the world of blogging I hope you will pardon my mistakes at least till I gain some experience here...Criticism IF good is appreciated ;).
I thought hard about what my first blog should be about and thought that since the year 2008 just passes...i should mention the three things which had an impact on my life the most last year...So here goes..
Friends: I had just finished my boards examination in February and was once hanging out with my one and only friend at that time Rohit when we suddenly came with the idea of planning a reunion of our schools batch[we were from the same school]. Since he was the one in touch with everybody else...He started calling them up asking them whether they will join or not...A lot of people did and so we hosted the reunion at Tian in Juhu..It was a night to remember for sure! Mainly because our result was going to come 2 days later!..Well I flunked unfortunately but made some new old friends. I am proud to have them as Friends! So Vishal, Rohit, Ronita, Neha, Viraj, Taru, Akshay, Rinky, Chetan...This one is for you!! I love you all :*
Love: To be single during your college days is not something a guy wants. But still I dint want to be with someone random just for the heck of it. I wanted her to be the perfect one! But of course I never felt the rush for any one until my reunion day. She of course was a friend from school but I had lost contact with her since. But I spent a sleepless night that night. I just couldn't get her out of my mind. "God she looked beautiful....I wonder if we can be together...Am i actually in love or is this just another crush" I was talking to myself. Since my sister was in Canada completing her pilot training...talking to myself was the one thing that kept me going...
I didn't sleep the whole night. The next morning I called up Neha and asked her about my love interest. She said that she is committed to someone but things aren't going too well between them. Boy did I jump in joy or what! I wasn't feeling bad for her at all. I was feeling happy instead, that this could be the perfect opportunity to get closer. I got into talking with her and we became really good friends...Or as she would quote "Bestest friends"!!
It was 2 months after she broke up with her boyfriend[yay]. We were just talking on the phone when all of a sudden I thought that this may be the time I should tell her. Without a second thought I told her how I feel for her and asked her out.There was a long pause on the other end. And then the moment of truth arrived. She said in a low but Amazingly cute voice.."You are my bestest friend yaar!! I don't think I can ever see you as anything more than that". There was a pause again.... but from my side. I really wasn't expecting this. I wanted to scream, cry, run and what not!! But I just said that its fine and hung up..
Wondering how did it create an impact?? Well firstly It has made me strong to rejections. Secondly it motivated me to look better and be in shape[Right now i am Round]. And most importantly it proved that Girls are Weird!! It also taught me that we have to expect the best but be prepared for the worst...
Terrorism: "Breaking news!!..Mumbai par aatanki hamla!! ATS officer hemant karkare ne apni jaan gavai..." These were the first words i saw and heard on the T.V. Screen as i entered the house. I was unaware of the fact that terrorists had attacked Mumbai since i was at a party. Some group called Deccan Mujahiddin had planned the attacks it said. It is now proven that it was in fact old nemesis Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Pakistani jehadi militant organization. As i was watching the sight of the Taj burning on the T.V. screen i said to myself, Is this ever going to end? How long can we keep making a fool of ourselves by knowing the culprits and doing absolutely nothing about it!!..The "battle" between the 80 NSG commandos and 10 Terrorists resisted for 60 straight hours! Ultimately we took them out but did we actually win? 160 lives for lost due to our lack of security. How will the government pay up for that! Certainly not by giving huge sums to the deads family. And where the hell was Raj FUCKING Thackeray?? I wish he is slaughtered by a bihari someday!!
A little more than a month has passed..I was at a friends place gearing up for the new year party later that evening when we decided to pay tribute to the soldiers who lost their lives in the grueling encounter. We all stood up and sang the national anthem together with tears in our eyes and patriotism in our hearts!! And then sobbed and hugged each other with the song luka chupi from RDB playing in the background..
This episode has certainly brought out the patriotic citizen in me. I hope we all don't forget this event as the Kargil war and keep the fire in us burning until we get results! Also i wish we all just be a little more alert of our surroundings since no place in this world is safe anymore..
These were the three episodes which created a rather deep impact on my heart and soul...I hope the coming year brings peace in the country, keeps me bonded with my friends and of course Release me from the single tag ;).
Nikhil.

Awesome post!
Welcome to Blogosphere :)
I hope the year 2009 makes better out of all the three aspects you mentioned above! Wishing you all the luck with it!
Waiting for the next post!!!
thanks a lot!! I am waiting for my next post too now ;)
man i knw all dis events which created impact on u ,,n it created d same fr me accept d LOVE ka blog of yours..he,,,,n i dnt knw abt others but il b ur frnd till ma last fuckin breath,,,,JAI HIND...n ha we wil hav a reunioun party soon buddy
^:)^^:)^^:)^
Now that is one kooool fart :-D ... keep goin bro ... :-)
Welcome to the world of Blogging .....
I must say too good a post for a first timing.....
Keep Blogging and All The best ...
Await ur next post :-)
hey there... welcome to blogsville...
Nice start.
i have to say it took u so long to figure out grlz are weird??? :P
do keep blogging..
Thanks all of you!!
Rocky - ya we will host a reunion soon man and we are alwayz frndz man!1
Anagh- ^:)^^:)^^:)^^:)^...thx man...more on the farts soon..
Nabs - Thanks a lot..You hav an awesome blog 2!!
Ice Maiden - Yeah well this was my first experience..so the delay! Will check out your blog now :p..
hey Nik really a nice start...god man I guess I will hav 2 take classes from u....gr8 going man.....love u loadzz mwaaah***-Ronita
hey ronnie!!
Thanks for the appreciation! Glad u liked it..
love you 2 :*:*:* mwahhh
Hey…
You have nicely portrayed your thoughts and feeling...
Loved your way of writing...
And yeah Friends-forever.!!
Keep going buddy... U seriously rock..!!
Waiting for the next blog
-Neha
thx neha!!
kya baat hai teri english bhi sudar gayi hai kaafi...good!!
hey..
awesome man..!!!seriously appreciable...
keep going dude...
-rinky
thx rinky!!